Matthew Jones - Associate
Originally from Darwin, Northern Territory, Matthew moved to the Gold Coast to attend Griffith University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws with Distinction and a Bachelor of Government and International Relations.
During his university studies, Matthew commenced a clerkship with Steindls and was admitted as a practitioner in the Supreme Court of Queensland in July 2015. Matthew has since worked alongside the partner, Robert Boston, on a number of complex litigation matters and has acted on behalf of both Plaintiffs and Defendants in all jurisdictions in Queensland, including QCAT, the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court of Queensland.
Matthew works in all facets of litigation including commercial lease disputes, property and contract disputes, debt recovery, wills and estate litigation and Body Corporate matters. Matthew has also appeared on behalf of clients charged with summary offences in criminal law proceedings.
Matthew is a strong and passionate advocate who works hard to ensure that his client’s best interests are protected through all aspects of the litigation process.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Litigation
- Body Corporate Matters
- Lease Disputes
- Building and Construction Disputes
- Property and Contract Disputes
- Defamation Proceedings
- Debt Recovery
- Wills and Estates Litigation
- Minor Summary Offences
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2015
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2017
- Bachelor of Laws (Dist.), Griffith University, 2014
- Bachelor of International Relations, Griffith University, 2014
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, 2015